Sunday, November 11, 2007

It's really hot here!

So, once I found out I had a job in Phoenix, it was time to leave California. After a fun week-long celebration to say good-bye to all things San Diego, Chris flew out to California to drive back to Phoenix with me.

Our first weeks here were great. We both like our new jobs and we have been lucky in that we have had a few friends come out to AZ already. This has given us a little taste of home and made us less homesick.

Here are some of the details of where we work and live......

I now work at a PR agency called Allison & Partners where I am a senior account executive. The people that I work with and the company that I work for have so far all been amazing. I am going to have a lot of opportunities. The only downfall for me are long hours and a long commute. I work in Scottsdale.

Chris is the head golf professional at a beautiful new property called Encanterra. It is a new housing division/country club. The property is beautiful and is located in Queen Creek. He has been enjoying starting a club from the ground-up and is learning a lot (although he hasn't golfed in a while).

Our rental home is in Gilbert, AZ which is about 40 minutes outside of Phoenix. It has been really hot, although people keep on swearing it will cool down in the winter. We have been enjoying trying new restaurants, hanging out with friends that we have in the area and checking out model homes in the hopes of buying something!

If anyone would like to come visit, we have a great guest bedroom that is open to all!

No comments: