Sunday, March 21, 2010

The written word...

There has been a request among the blog readers that I add more text to my posts. I hate to think I am a lazy blogger, but just throwing a photo up is so much easier. But, Cole is much more than a handsome face. So I am going to do my best to add some additional color to my posts.

Cole had his two week appointment last week. He weighed in at 10 lbs, 11 oz....so he has put on more than 4 lbs since birth. He was 23 inches long, which is a growth of more than 2 inches - but it really seems like he is longer than that! He is pretty average when you talk "percentiles" and if anything is on the low side on weight. He took his shots like a champ - 5 in all!

He is getting a really strong neck, moves his head back and forth, LOVES to smile, and in general seems to be hitting all his developmental milestones. He discovered his fist recently and now constantly has it in his mouth! He also takes swipes at toys, talks back to us when we talk to him, and moves his arms and legs all the time.

Tomorrow is his first day at daycare, which is a big step for both of us. We are sure he will do great, and hopeful that I will do great too :)

More to come....

1 comment:

Jett Thomas said...

Thanks! :) I love the update. And of course the pics!!!